Emergency Utility Bill Assistance
- The following information applies to any household that is NOT in receipt of Temporary Assistance.
- All recipients of TA should first see their worker.
Erie County Emergency Aid for Families (EAF) and Emergency Safety Net Assistance (ESNA)
- Grant or Loan program for households who possess a shut off notice on their heat or electric service, loan will cover last 4 months bills & stop shut off activity
- Household must pay no interest loan back to County
- Applicants must come prepared with: ID for all HH members, proof of all HH income and expenses for previous 8 weeks, deed to home or current rent/lease receipt, financial statement from applicable utility company (National Fuel- obtain financial statement at 455 Main St, National Grid- call 1-800-443-1837, NYSEG- call 1-800-572-1111)
- All HH members age 18 or older must be present at interview
- EAF is located in the HEAP Office during the summer months- 478 Main Street, non summer months- 158 Pearl Street
- Income based
Erie County Emergency Aid for Adults (EAA)
- Grant program for individuals or married couples who are (both) in receipt of SSI
- All other EAF documentation requirements apply
- Location same as EAF
National Fuel Gas Neighbor for Neighbor Program
- Benefit assistance towards home heating bill if household has a current shut off notice (applicants do not need to be NFG customers)
- HEAP eligible households in which head of household is a Senior Citizen, or Disabled may apply
- Applications accepted at Salvation Army (716-883-9800), Catholic Charities (716-856-4494)
- For more information call NFG customer service (716686-6123)
The HEAP office remains open for AC Cooling assistance (for AC program only, funding is limited, program may end soon), Heating Equipment (furnace) Repair or Replacement assistance (HERR), and Weatherization Program assistance (WRAP).
In the fall, we will again be mailing “early outreach” HEAP applications to vulnerable senior citizen and disabled clientele.
If you have any questions please contact the Director of Energy Programs (James Panczykowski at 716858-8084) or the appropriate HEAP Office Manager (Randy Machelor- Senior Citizens/Disabled clientele at 716-858-6955 or Nick Pecoraro- under 60 years of age, and all TA/FS clientele at 716-858-1682).